= feta & cheddar cheese
1 carbohydrate bonus
= sour cream
½ daily indulgence
Layered Vegetable Bake with a Sour Cream Sauce
From the book Kiwi KISS in the Kitchen page
Try this recipe as a lunch served with tomato salad and crusty
bread from your Carbohydrate allowance.
For 2 servings
240 grams kumara, peeled and sliced
¼ buttercup, skinned and cut into cubes
4 leaves silverbeet, washed and sliced
2 courgettes, grated
1 large onion, sliced
75 grams feta cheese, cut into small cubes
½ cup water
1 teaspoons herb or chicken stock
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 tablespoon sour cream
ground black pepper
25 grams grated tasty cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 210°C.
- Boil or steam the kumara and buttercup until almost tender.
Remove from pot and put to one side.
- Place the silverbeet and courgettes in the pot and cook a further
- Heat a little water in a non-stick pan and sauté the
onion until tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the feta
- Lightly grease an oven-proof dish and layer the buttercup,
feta and onion mixture, silverbeet and courgettes and finish
with the kumara slices.
- Mix together the water, stock, cornflour, sour cream, and pepper.
Pour over the vegetable layers.
- Sprinkle the top with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 210° C for 30 minutes.